Arrowhead Center serves as a single portal to link the researchers and entrepreneurs with ideas for how to solve market problems and take advantage of market opportunities that will keep New Mexico on the leading edge of discovery and sustainable economic growth. They help researchers turn scientific discovery into intellectual property.
- Arrowhead Business and Research Park (200‐plus acres)
- Business Incubator
- Technology Incubator
- Entrepreneurship Institute
- Office of Intellectual Property & Technology Transfer
- Downloadable Resources
Research Rd, Las Cruces, NM 88003 (575) 646-1434
PO Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003
Bi-National Sustainability Laboratory (BNSL)
The BNSL is a bi-national non-profit organization that creates and promotes technology-based businesses on the U.S.-Mexico border working with start-ups, small & medium sized businesses, or large well-established companies. They work to make the U.S.-Mexico border a model for prosperity and economic development.
- Business Development Consulting
- Business Incubation/Technology Accelerator
- Specialized Facilities and “Flex” Space
- Financial Assistance
- Intellectual Property Consulting/Legal Services
- Technology Maturation & Commercialization Strategies
- Strategic Partnering
- Advanced Training/Certification
- Micro and Nanotechnology
- Energy and Advanced Materials
2660 Airport Rd., Ste 1100, Santa Teresa, NM 88008 (575) 589-4989
Downtown Las Cruces Partnership (DLCP)
The Downtown Las Cruces Partnership is a state and nationally certified Main Street organization that embraces a vision to create an economically vibrant downtown. DLCP is a coalition of downtown stakeholders that work in collaboration with the City of Las Cruces and the State of New Mexico to create and support a climate for emerging businesses and an environment that stimulates future business development.
138 S. Water, Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575) 525-1955
Finance New Mexico
Finance New Mexico is a public service project to connect you to resources and knowledge that can help your business grow. Sponsored by public and private entities – all of which share the goal of increasing economic activity and development – Finance New Mexico provides you with business-building tools and connections.
- Business Assistance. Find free and low-cost consultants, mentors and information that can help you grow your business or idea. Resources are appropriate for established and start up businesses.
- Funding and Capital. From special grants to government-backed loans, tax incentives and venture capital, find the funding source that’s right for your business.
- Workshops, Networking Events, Knowledge and Examples.
Gateway to Exporting Program (GEP)
The program works to significantly increase exports by New Mexico small businesses to the global marketplace, Mexico, and to increase the number of small businesses doing business with the maquiladora industry.
- Becoming Export Ready
- Accessing International Trade Resources
- Promoting Their Products to Selected Target Markets
- Identifying Buyers for Their Product/Services
- Facilitating Meetings with Potential Buyers
- Conducting Follow Up With Prospects
In Southern New Mexico contact Jerry Pacheco (575)589-2200
IMPACT-NM Business Growth Services
New Mexico Community Capital (NMCC) is a private, nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and Native American CDFI that provides capital and knowledge for New Mexico’s high-potential businesses in emerging or underserved markets. As a respected investor, advisor and facilitator, their goal is also to help advance the next generation of great New Mexico companies and entrepreneurs. New Mexico Community Capital has the expertise, experience, and networks to identify and invest in businesses capable of creating meaningful social and financial value.
Mike Emerson, VP Strategic Business Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
801 University Blvd, Ste 102, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (505) 924-2820
International Business Accelerator (IBA)
The International Business Accelerator was developed to be New Mexico’s one-stop shop of resources for New Mexican businesses and individuals wishing to introduce their product or service into the global market and is a part of the New Mexico Small Business Development Center Network which combined offers many resources to take your company to the world.
- Public Outreach
- Export/ Import Counseling
- International Finance Counseling
- Links for analyzing the business climate and market potential in Mexico.
- Global Market Research
- International Financing Information
- Importing/Exporting Information
113 Sundance Court, Santa Teresa, NM 88008 (575) 589-2200
Manufacturing Technology and Engineering Center (M-TEC)
The Manufacturing Technology and Engineering Center (M-TEC) is a Research and Public Service Project (RPSP) providing Engineering assistance for State of New Mexico through Engineering New Mexico and the College of Engineering at NMSU.
M-TEC supports economic development in New Mexico by providing technical assistance, outreach, training and engineering services throughout the State. M-TEC has expertise in engineering, manufacturing, product development, prototyping and other related areas and uses the resources and facilities located in the College of Engineering to assist businesses and individuals.
Engineering Complex III, Rm 269, Espina St & Stewart St., Las Cruces, NM 88003 (575) 646-3065
Mesilla Valley Economic Development Alliance (MVEDA)
Mesilla Valley Economic Development Alliance, a public/private economic development partnership that includes the City of Las Cruces and Doña Ana County. Their goal is to provide local businesses and those considering relocating and expanding in the Doña Ana County area with information, tools and resources.
277 E. Amador, Ste. 304,Las Cruces, NM 88004-1299 (575)-525-2852
NMSU Cooperative Extension Service (NMSU CES)
The Mission of the community resource and economic development program of the NMSU-CES is to promote and support the economic development of New Mexico’s diverse communities.
- Workforce & Business Development
- Food Industry
- Community & Economic Development
- Community Preparedness
- Youth Programs that provides high school students with the opportunity to explore their entrepreneurial interests and talents.
530 N. Church St., Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575) 646-3015
New Mexico Border Authority (NMBA)
The New Mexico Border Authority is an executive branch state agency that provides leadership in the development of the state’s international ports of entry located at Santa Teresa, Columbus and Antelope Wells as well as serving as the Governor’s advisor and point of contact for those interested in opportunities at the ports of entry. This agency also facilitates new infrastructure, trade opportunities, job opportunities, job training capabilities and many other activities that contribute to development of a productive economy along the New Mexico border.
- New Mexico Ports of Entry Information
- Information on Traveling Across the Border
- Vehicle Export Information
- Livestock Import and Export Information
- Transportation & Trucking Regulations
- Manufacturing & Trade Information
221 Pete V Domenici Hwy, Santa Teresa, NM 88008 (575) 589-6501
New Mexico Department of Veteran’s Business Outreach Center (VBOC)
The New Mexico Department of Veterans’ Services created the Veteran’s Business Outreach Center (VBOC) to help veterans who want to start their own small businesses, and help existing veteran-owned businesses expand their operations. They also assist veteran-owned businesses with formulating a business plan, marketing strategy, or assist with applying for Patriot Express Loans or other low-interest business loans.
Las Cruces NMDVS Office, 2024 E. Griggs Ave. Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575) 524-6220
New Mexico Manufacturing Extension Partnership (New Mexico MEP)
New Mexico MEP is a statewide assistance center dedicated to increasing the competitiveness of our state’s small and midsized businesses. They provide expertise in results-driven methodologies, best practices, and innovative technologies designed to increase a business’ profitability. As a public/private partnership, they bring together government, not-for-profit and industry resources to offer comprehensive programs and services.
- The Kaizen philosophy
- Lean (Green) Manufacturing
- Lean Accounting
- The 5S System
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Plant Layout
- Lean Certification
- Training Within Industry (TWI)
4501 Indian School Rd. Suite 202, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (575) 624-2647
New Mexico Office of Business Advocacy
One of the greatest and costliest challenges small businesses face is the fact that each State agency creates its own maze of red tape.New Mexico Office of Business Advocacy works to advance New Mexico business and enterprise with expansion, retention, and growth by resolving challenging bureaucratic, intergovernmental, and public policy problems affecting businesses in New Mexico and is is a direct initiative from Governor Susana Martinez and Economic Development Secretary Jon Barela.
1100 St. Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87505 (800) 374-3061
New Mexico Office of International Trade (OIT)
The Office of International Trade was created by the legislature within the New Mexico Economic Development Department to support job creation, retention, and expansion by assisting New Mexico companies to capitalize on opportunities in the competitive global marketplace.
- One-on-one business consultations
- A network of foreign trade offices to generate qualified trade leads, locate buyers and distribution partners for companies, and support the recruitment of foreign direct investment
- Assist companies with any questions regarding regulatory approvals
- Coordinate state export promotion programs in partnership with the federal government through the US Department of Commerce Export Assistance Center office
- Conducts a series of workshops and seminars designed to create an awareness of international market opportunities and educate companies on the export process
- Organizes and recruits New Mexico companies to participate in international trade events
- Organizes reverse trade missions designed to bring visiting foreign trade and investment delegations to New Mexico
1100 St. Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87505 (800) 374-3061
New Mexico Partnership
New Mexico Partnership is a professional, business-focused, collaborative organization committed to providing a high level of value to companies considering relocating or expanding to New Mexico. They can provide details of incentive packages that pertain to a specific industry, can provide community tours, locate available real estate for site selection and provide labor and education statistics so you can hire the workforce you need.
- Initiate real estate searches
- Coordinate site-selection trips
- Personalize briefings and orientations
- Assist in evaluating and applying for incentives
- Facilitate the permitting process
- Organize strategic meetings with key government and community officials
- Collaborate on media and public relations
- Provide data on key business factors
1720 Louisiana Blvd NE, Suite 312, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (888) 715-5293
New Mexico Small Business Assistance Program (NMSBA)
The New Mexico Small Business Assistance (NMSBA) Program allows New Mexico small businesses facing a technical challenge to access the unique expertise and capabilities of Los Alamos and Sandia national laboratories. At no cost to the business, small businesses with a technical challenge can seek assistance from lab scientists or engineers for projects that require testing, design consultation and access to special equipment or facilities.
- Technical Assistance
- Individual Assistance
- Leveraged Projects Assistance
New Mexico Procurement Technical Assistance Center (NMPTAC)
An Experienced Government Contracting Staff
The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) is a government-funded program providing assistance to small businesses who want to sell their goods or services to the government, educational institutions, or tribal entities. Our staff of advisors are experienced in government contracting and provide a wide range of services, including individual counseling and training to enable businesses to successfully compete for government contracts.
What We Do
Our Advisors offer free confidential one to one counseling, and training in areas including:
- How to register your business in government databases
- Research strategies for accessing federal, state, & local government markets
- How to market yourself to the government
- How to respond effectively to a request for proposal (RFP) and a request for quotation (RFQ)
- How to obtain federal Set-Aside certifications for which you qualify
- Federal accounting and invoicing practices
- Post-award guidance
- Understanding government regulations
- How to be “Contract Ready”
- Advantages of teaming with other companies
Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
3655 Research Dr Bldg A Ste 101
Las Cruces, NM 88003
New Mexico Technology Assistance Program
NMTAP offers free services to New Mexicans with disabilities to help them get the assistive technology (AT) services they need. NMTAP is a statewide program designed to increase access to, and acquisition of, assistive technology. NMTAP can help you find services, contacts, and appropriate resources related to assistive technologies.
USDA Rural Development
USDA Rural Development promotes economic development by supporting loans to businesses through banks , credit unions and community-managed lending pools. We offer technical assistance and information to help agricultural producers and cooperatives get started and improve the effectiveness of their operations. We provide technical assistance to help communities undertake community empowerment programs.
SCORE Las Cruces
Score Counselors meet with clients who operate small businesses or who are interested in starting a new business. They offer services via face to face counseling sessions, the Internet and in seminars. All of their services are offered at no cost.
505 S. Main Street, Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575) 523-5627
Small Business Development Center (NMSBDC)
The New Mexico Small Business Development Center provides small business owners assistance with creating a business plan, marketing their product, obtaining financing, starting a business, and other specialized areas. Counseling is free at the NMSBDC and they offer free or low cost trainings, too.
Resources Include these areas:
- Business Expansion
- Business Start-up
- Business Plan Development
- Accounting / Bookkeeping
- Tax & Legal Resources
- Human Resource Issues
- Government Contracting
- International Trade
- Buying and Selling a Business
2345 East Nevada Avenue, Las Cruces, NM 88001
The Borderplex Alliance
The Borderplex Alliance is a nonprofit corporation providing confidential, no-fee consultation to businesses interested in relocating or expanding their operations to El Paso, Texas; Cd. Juárez, México; and Southern New Mexico. They are a private, non-profit corporation funded mostly by businesses in the North American Borderplex region. This allows them to serve as a confidential, no-fee consultant to business and industry who are contemplating the expansion or relocation of their operations to the region.
They provide a wide range of professional services including:
- Current Data
- Industrial Briefings and Orientations
- Industrial Tours and Itinerary Development
- Access to Business Consultants
- Access to Government Decision Makers
- Site Selection Analysis
- Supplier Assistance
- Assistance to Site Location Consultants and Brokers
201 E. Main St., Suite 1700
El Paso, Texas 79901
WESST is a statewide small business development and training organization committed to growing New Mexico’s economy by cultivating entrepreneurship. WESST has nurtured the entrepreneurial dreams of thousands of New Mexicans by providing training, technical assistance and access to capital.
- One-on-One Business Consulting
- Specialized Training and Consulting in SEO and Social Media
- Workshops and WebinarsFREE Brown Bag Lunch Events
- MARKETLINK™ Training
- Financial Literacy Training Through Our IDA Program
- Customized Training for Businesses, Nonprofits and Academic Insitutions
211 North Main Street, Suite 104A, Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575) 541-1583