Skill-Ready Dona Ana
The key to a better workforce
Skill-Ready Doña Ana is a solution-based approach to hiring offered by the Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Innovate+Educate and New Options New Mexico. Participation in Skill-Ready Doña Ana means improving the quality of our workforce not only for your business, but for the community at large, as part of a larger initiative funded by the W. K. Kellogg Foundation!
WorkKeys® is an advanced measure of workplace skills developed by employers and ACT. Assessing candidates on concrete skills necessary to perform the job for which your business is hiring ensures you are hiring the right person for the right position – the first time.
By implementing the WorkKeys® assessment into your hiring process you will:
- Reduce hiring and training costs
- Decrease employee turnover
- Increase employee satisfaction
- Meet EEOC compliance and ISO9000 standards (with job-specific profile)
- Discover hidden talent within the current workforce
By participating in Skills Ready Doña Ana you can:
- Connect with a skilled workforce
- Forge relationships with the County’s educational partners
- Be a part of a growing trend in HR practice at no cost to your business
"The Skill-Ready Doña Ana program helps the youth of our community prepare today for the skills and education necessary to find jobs and build meaningful careers for the future of Las Cruces."
– Ken Miyagishima
Mayor of the City of Las Cruces