3265 ARROWHEAD ROAD, SUITE 200, LAS CRUCES, NM 88011 • 575-522-3763 • PORTAL.CLUBRUNNER.CA/8183
Provide service to others, promote integrity and advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through our fellowship of business, professional and community leaders.
Rotary Four-Way Test (of the things we think, say or do): 1. Is it the truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
The LCRGRC has added No. 5: Is it fun?
“Service Above Self ” – professionals joining together to use skills and passion to make a difference in communities and the world.
To annually fund and support the projects and events held, find new active members and continue to find new projects that will reduce illiteracy, cure disease, stop hunger and poverty, stop the lack of clean water and other environmental concerns.
Chartered in August 1975, with one charter member who is still active and nine members with 20 years or more of active membership. We have five members less than 35 years of age and are looking for younger members. Our total current active membership is 70.
Key people to know:
Brad Beasley – President Mike Beckett – President-Elect Loren Kuehne – Secretary 67 other dedicated members ready for “Service Above Self.”
Events and activities:
The goal is to dress 500-plus children during the Christmas season, which requires help raising more than $50,000 to fund four shopping events.
• AnnualyardsalefortheMesilla Valley Hospice: We collect sale items all year for a yard sale the first Saturday
in May. All of the gross proceeds go to the Mesilla Valley Hospice.
• RotaryYouthLeadershipAwards: We sponsor $650 scholarships to six tobe high school seniors for a weeklong leadership and team building camp.
• DictionaryDay: We’ve passed out 2,100 dictionaries to third-graders in the Las Cruces Public Schools district annually for the past eight years.
• Don’tMethwithUs: We support and provide presentations to every sixthgrader in the LCPS district about the dangers of meth.
Eighth-graders students write an essay on ethics based on the Rotary Four Way Test. Prize money awarded to the top three essays.
• StudentRotarianoftheMonth: High school juniors attend a weekly meeting and are asked to write an essay on a chosen topic with three winners awarded scholarships.
• RotaryYouthExchange: We host an incoming foreign exchange student and sponsor an outgoing high school student for a school year.
• Providespecialsleepgeartothe homeless at the Gospel Rescue Mission
• Support the annual Taste of Las Cruces fundraiser
• SupporttheRotaryInternational’s worldwide End Polio Now project: More than 2.5 billion children have been immunized so far and only three countries are still not Polio free. Rotary has partnered with the Gates Foundation to finish this multi-decade project.
• AnnualworkwithRotaryclubsin Chihuahua, Mexico, and Guatemala: Support service projects through matching grants from The Rotary Foundation to address today’s worldwide challenges which, include illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, lack of clean water and other environmental concerns.
Recently hosted 10 Rotarians and spouses from England.
Continue searching for new areas of service to improve our community and world, and to support, encourage and role model for our young people.