1412 PORTLAND DRIVE, SUITE A • 526-6400 • WWW.JAYNESCORP.COM
The Jaynes Companies is the parent company for three commercial construction companies located in four states throughout the Southwest.
Jaynes is a nationally respected regional general contractor with extensive construction experience in commercial, health care, retail, education, hospitality, warehouse and distribution, local, state and federal government buildings, multi-family, structural concrete and pre-engineered building projects.
Jaynes has met the challenges of time and technology to become a recognized leader in the construction industry throughout the Southwest. Its success has come from a set of values that serve as the cornerstone of theor corporate philosophy.
Jaynes’ value system is keyed to basics – integrity, trust, safety, skill and confidence. Jaynes’ growth and success is due to its customer-oriented, servicebased, proactive way of doing business.
“We don’t just build buildings … for the past half century we’ve provided solutions to our customers’ construction problems,” said Chairman/CEO Don Power.
The Jaynes Companies provides these core operations services:
• Humanresources • Employeebenefits
• Environmental, health and safety As a full-service general contractor, Jaynes Corporation of Las Cruces provides the following services:
• Designbuild As a member of The Jaynes Companies, “the Las Cruces office provides a southern New Mexico presence and experience as well as a strong, innovative constructor and management team,” said Las Cruces Project Manager Brian Rodriguez.
Recently, Jaynes has been involved with the construction of several new, notable buildings in the greater Las Cruces community:
• The 30,000-square-foot Rio Grande Medical Office was built for one of the largest private medical practices in southern New Mexico. The first floor houses general medicine providers, a state of the art lab, X-ray room and fullservice pharmacy. The second floor has the pediatrics practitioners. Each floor has its own check-in counter and large waiting areas. The third floor has administrative offices and a 3,800-square-foot lease space occupied by a cardiologist. The building is expected to be the anchor for many more medical office buildings in the fast growing East Lohman Avenue medical corridor adjoining MountainView Hospital.
• The Las Cruces Convention Center was the winner of the 2012 Associated General Contractors New Mexico Best Building Awards for the $20 million-plus category, construction at risk and LEED gold certified project. The convention center is a 55,000-squarefoot building on a 10-acre site with more than 30,000 square feet of meeting space. The facility features a 14,500-squarefoot exhibition hall, a nearly 9,000-square-foot ballroom and a full kitchen. The sound system provides sound in a pre-function space, an outdoor east terrace and the landscape plaza for outdoor activities.
The facility is located on the New Mexico State University campus with close proximity to restaurants, entertainment, shopping, hotel rooms and the interstates. It provides the City of Las Cruces with convention space that has been lacking for some time.
• The Las Cruces Regional Recreation and Aquatics Center was the winner of the 2011 Associated General Contractors New Mexico Best Building Award for Outstanding Specialty Work.
This recreation and aquatic center features a therapeutic pool, a leisure pool for swimming instruction, a “lazy” river for play and aquacise, a threelane pool for lap swimming, a water slide and zero-entry pool with water play equipment. The facility site is located on the very prominent intersection of Hadley Avenue and Solano Drive, gateway to the ongoing re-development of the corridor along Hadley from a municipal service area to a regional recreation and park facility.
Jaynes was recognized as a member of the New Mexico Private 100 for 2012. The New Mexico Private 100 recognizes some of the state’s most successful privately held companies in terms of revenue generation. Jaynes has been voted “most admired peer company” by the Private 100 seven times in the past.
“We do quite a bit of repeat business, and that’s one of our goals: We want our customers not only to be satisfied but we want them to use us again,” Power said.
Jaynes is currently working on a construction project that broke ground on the NMSU campus in April. The project will transform Hershel Zohn Theater into Pete V. Domenici Hall. Once the building is finished, it will house NMSU’s Domenici Institute for Public Policy and portions of the Arrowhead Center. Construction work is expected to conclude in fall 2014.
Mission: Create a quality built environment consistently striving to exceed customer expectations, creating opportunity for employees and associates.