The Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce now offers free discount prescription drug cards to all chamber members, members’ employees, contractors, clients, friends and families.
The program provides discounts of up to 75 percent on brand and generic medications. The program has no membership restrictions, no income requirements, no age limitations and no applications to fill out. All chamber members are eligible to receive savings. No personal information is required to obtain a discount card and all prescriptions processed through the program are completely confidential.
The discount prescription drug card program was launched as a member benefit to help businesses, and in particular small and minority businesses, cope with the rising cost and uncertainty created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). The chamber is constantly looking for opportunities to help businesses, and health care has become a roadblock for many in this area.
According to Moody’s economist Mark Zandi, data suggests health care is having an impact on small businesses’ ability to hire. This reinforces the finding in the latest U.S. Chamber Small Business Outlook Survey – 71 percent of small businesses say the PPACA makes it harder to hire.
The chamber’s discount prescription drug card program will help uninsured and underinsured individuals afford their prescription medications. The program can also be used by people who have health insurance coverage with no prescription benefits, which is common in many health savings accounts (HSA) and high deductible health plans. Additionally, people with prescription coverage can use the program to get a discount on prescription drugs that are not covered by their existing insurance. A chamber employee recently filled a $35 prescription for only $10 using the prescription drug card.
• Therearenoenrollmentforms,restrictions, age or income requirements, waiting periods, eligibility requirements, exclusions, claim forms to file or annual/lifetime limits.
• Includes discounts on brand and generic medications and is an open formulary so all medications are eligible for discounts.
• This program has a “lowest price” feature that provides cardholders the lowest plan price on prescriptions at participating pharmacies. Medication pricing and discounts are calculated on the plan’s lowest negotiated contract price and the pharmacy’s “usual and customary” price.
• Thisprogramcanbeusedbythosewith Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), high deductible plans, Medicare Part D (non-covered drugs) or no prescription drug plan.
• The program can be used as a standalone benefit or to get discounts on non-formulary medications. Formulary medications are brand name and generic medications that are preferred by your insurance company. There are currently more than 56,000 pharmacy locations across the country participating in the program, including all major pharmacy chains such as Walgreens, CVS/Pharmacy, Albertsons and Walmart.
This is the first of many new and exciting member benefits the chamber will be rolling out this year. For information on this and other benefits of chamber membership, contact Troy Tudor at 524-1968.